Sugar and spice and everything nice -- that's my Mom!

So it's not Mother's Day anymore -- but it's never a bad time to show my (absolutely wonderful, perfect, best-in-the-world) mother my appreciation for her.  Everything she does, she does with grace, style, and success; one of her many enviable talents that I wish I had inherited (I didn't, by the way), is the ability to throw together a bunch of ingredients, and somehow, someway, the finished product will taste like it took days, maybe even longer to carefully craft together.   I will likely never be able to replicate her uncanny ability to whip up a delicious meal as a matter of course (recipe, schmecipe!), but luckily I can surreptitiously scribble down each step she takes and replicate it myself in my admittedly less creative kitchen.

Honestly, I don't know if this particular cake is one of those 'hocus pocus, throw everything in a pan and taste the resulting deliciousness,' recipes or whether it was an actual recipe that she acquired from someone else, but I do know that from the time I left for college, every return visit seems to have contained one of these yummy confections, and consequently, pistachio coffee cake for me is synonymous with home, and therefore, with my mom.

Make this cake, and have a slice with your mom. . .



Pistachio Pudding Coffee Cake
 
One box Golden Butter Recipe cake mix
One large packet instant pistachio pudding
Four eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 cup sour cream
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp sugar

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix the walnuts, cinnamon, and sugar in a small bowl.  Beat the remaining ingredients in a larger bowl until evenly mixed.  Pour1/2 of the cake mix mixture into a greased bundt pan and then sprinkle 3/4 of the nut mixture evenly over the cake mix mixture.  Pour the remaining cake mix mixture over the top. Bake for 45 minutes.  After removing from the oven, turn the cake out immediately and top with the remaining nut mixture.  
                                                                

And voila. . .




Perfection. . . just like my mom!





          

Comments

Popular Posts