One a Penny, Two a Penny




Those of you who follow the blog may have been disappointed recently.  Far from my initial plan of two posts per month, there haven't been any since New Year's Day.  😟 Sorry about that.  I'm in a temporary apartment right now, and, well, the kitchen leaves a lot to be desired.  (Understatement of the year.)  To put it into perspective -- the oven shakes anytime anyone walks anywhere.  Results? Sad me, and really sad excuse for baked goods.  Luckily, the end is in sight.  By the end of the summer, I hope to be drowning in oceans of perfectly puffed croissants, airy angel cakes, and those oh-so-delightful cream puffs.

Until then, luckily for me, I have a few select posts that have been languishing on the sideline.  Creations of my previous vastly-under-appreciated oven.  Today? The perfect time to share some hot cross buns.  No recipes, unfortunately -- this is another result of that too-perfect cookbook Bouchon Bakery.  Copyright laws are cramping my style. . .

So just a bunch of beautiful pictures of pillowy brioche, stuffed with the juicy currants and raisins, and encrusted with ribbons of glaze.

If you really want a recipe for this coming weekend, you should try my most-favorite (ever) carrot cake recipe.  It's the featured post on the sidebar -- even the bunny can't get enough of it 😉. And if you're looking for other things on the blog to explore -- check out the new philanthropy button on the right -- the nonprofit beneficiary will change every month or so, so keep an eye out! Feed your soul as well as your stomach 💗



The key to delectable hot cross buns? 
It all starts mounds of luscious, sweet, jewel toned fruits.


Next, swaddle lovingly in a blanket of buttery brioche.




Smoosh (official terminology) all together just like in these blurry action shots!


Admire the beautiful mess of buttery sticky soon-to-be amazing-ness




Divide, and nestle the buns into a 1/4 sheet pan.
Bake.



Inhale. Exhale.  DON'T dive in.  Yet.




Alright, now, they're hot cross buns.  
You know, maybe I'll give my sad kitchen another shot. . . 
These little lovelies may well be worth it 😍

Happy Easter!



Comments

Popular Posts